Symptoms that come and go with guttate psoriasis !!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi there everyone who is suffering ! I have guttate psoriasis and am having a flare at the moment. I know it is stress related but don't understand how it comes and affects my sacroiliac joint and shoulder skin and latterly gave me uveitis .... If it is psa why when it goes am I completely normal I thought arthritis left its mark.. Does anyone else have the same symptoms and what do you do about it. I won't take any meds as I tell myself it will go and it does usually. I once tried Chinese herbs and accupuncture and it worked that was 14 years ago. I can't find anybody locally now that does it. Can anyone recommend anyone in the north west uk. Looking forward to hearing your experiences many Thanks

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jane,

Poor you, big hug, I hate flare ups.  I was in constant flare up for 15 years but I'm on Methotrexate and Entenercept now and my skin is clear...

My PsA comes and goes and is very severe and doesn't leave a mark either.  It really, REALLY hurts but sometimes my joints aren't even swollen, it seems to affect my whole body and make me feel 'fluey' and exhausted.  But yes I get pain in my joints and when it leaves they don't seem affected anymore.

I have heard PsA moves around your joints, not necessarily affecting specific areas like rheumatoid arthrtis, could be wrong on this but it's how it seems to be with me...

Take care, hope your flare goes soon, xxx

• Posted

Thanks for replying yes it is so strange that when its gone it's gone thank god ! I couldn't bare it to stay how long does your flares last for on average ?
    • Posted

Hi kupkake,

I have dreadfully affected knees and wrists with minimum swelling, known as dry synovitis. Check on your next appt with ultrasound. My rheumatologist had dismissed me as having chronic pain syndrome until I insisted he examine me thoroughly and voilà - dry synovitis. Google it. I believe it's RA that moves, PsA always same joints for me.

• Posted

The flare up lasted about 15 years.. but I was unusual!!  I was always in flare up, who knows why... I am so pleased to be on Methotrexate and entenercept now!  

I never let it stop me though, I would wear whatever I liked, I didn't cover up, I didn't care! :D

• Posted

Thanks Jane I will, its just so exhausting to have to try and convince people!

xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.