symptoms that present as iih...

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi! Not sure how these discussions work lol, it's my first time. I just really wanted to see if there was anyone else going through something similar to me or gone thru. April last year I started getting this weird feeling above my eyes . I could not for the life me find a way to articulate this to anyone but it's like something is putting pressure above my eyes when I look upwards I feel an ache, its like you feel sleepy but you’re not tired. I had an eye test and nothing was wrong. Then the headaches started. Mainly it's a constant dull headache, worse in the morning and when i sit down or lie down and sometimes it feels like someone is putting weight on my head into my neck and i get neck pain as well. Then the nausea came on... it wakes me up at night as well. I've had a few episodes of blacked out vision and waves and last the couple of months I've also had a ringing in my ears. Sometimes it's like a an air sound or a thumping sound. I'm getting some words mixed up when I speak from time to time have a slight co-ordination problem as well, but this could even be down to the fact that i have a constant headache. I also have a sore scalp every day. Like the kind when your hairs been up all day, but my hair hasn’t been up and the pain is awful. I had a ct and mri scan all normal although in an eye exam it was noted i have no venous pulsation which can be a sign of high pressure. A blood test ruled showed i had higher then normal levels of prolactin which is delivered from the pituitary gland which sometimes indicates a tumor. I have been referred to neurology who wanted to rule out the condition of iih as my sister has the illness and i presented in the same way she did at roughly the same age, the only difference being our weight. she was over weight and i am not. so I was given an lp to rule this out. i was told my pressure was ok but my opening and closing pressure was the same, not sure what that means. Im back to square one really. not knowing what is wrong and not really sure what the doctor can say next. Has anyone ever gone though anything similar? Its been 10 months of this and i still dont know whats wrong.

1 like, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.