Tag not moving much

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello. I have been on carbimazol 4 months. First 20mg, then 15, 10 and now 5. I am also taking herbs, various recommended suppliments. I take 2000 aclyte l carnitine daily.I have gone gluten and dairy,alcohol, caffine,sugar free. Lots of organic veg. Rest and meditation. My tsh was 0.01 last month it moved to 0.04, now 0.03. Can anyone suggest anything else I could try to get it moving a bit more for me. The l caritine on its own gives me wind so I stopped it but would tolerate it if anyone thought it would help. 

Thanks in advance. 

BB

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi, i was Carbimazol 20mg for 2mths then 5mg for last 16months. Yes went gluten free due to an ongoing issue - this changed my life completely for the better but i am still drinking coffee, dairy etc. 

I was given beta blockers but dont take them as felt the carbimazol was working and the chest/heart pumping calmed after a few weeks.

Everyone is different, sorry im not much help with carnitine as its not an area i have looked into. 

Time was the best healer for me. i dislike taking tablets but realising  it wont fix itself over night/over a month - it is a long term, allowed my body to readjust with the aid of the carbimazol but i have a very busy life and im concerned it returns should i stop the tablets.

• Posted

Hello 

Thanks for your reply. Did your Tsh return to normal? If so how long did it take?

Thanks

BB

• Posted

Only a few months to get it normal but its keeping it steady - which is why i think its an 18month course.

• Posted

Well done you. I don't mind the wait just would like it to be moving in the right direction a bit quicker. 

Hope your recovery stays on course. It's inspiring. Gives me hope 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.