Taking Pneumonia and Influenza vaccine seven days before taking Densumab injection.

Posted , 2 users are following.

Can my mother take Pneumonia vaccine (Pneumovax 23) and Influenza vaccine (Influgen 0.5 ml) seven days before taking Denosumab (Olimab - product of India) injection. She is taking this injection twice in a year i.e on 1st March and 1st September every year.

My second question is should my mother go forward with two different injections i.e. Zoledronic acid and Denosumab in a month' gap? Or else, skip the two injections to be given in 1st Septembe 2020 (Denosumab)and 1st October 2020 (Zolendronic acid) in order to do lower jaw denture implantation by a maxillofacial surgeon.

She takes Olimab - 60 mg/ml (product of India) as Denosumab injection and Stoplos One - 5 mg infustion (product of India) as Zolendronic acid injection.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

We are not professionals on the website, only patients like your mother. This is a complex question which can best be answered by a pharmacist, if the doctor doesn't know.

I think it is unusual to be prescribed two bone medications simultaneously. As these drugs have very strong effects on the body I would be very concerned about her being put on both drugs at the same time. What is the rationale for that?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.