Tapering down Ami

Posted , 1 user is following.

I was taking Amitriptyline 25 mg from last October till April 2023. It was prescribed for fibromyalgia.

From May 1st, I started tapering down by small increments of 2.5 mg. Maintained each level for about 2 weeks average. By August I was at 10 mg.

Current dose is 3 mg. Will need to go very slowly from here, like 0.5 mg for each cut.

By this method I have avoided the severe withdrawls being narrated by other fellow travellers in this forum.

I take Magnesium citrate and Vitamin D, B12 and a multivitamin tablet everyday. Lots of veggies and protein rich diet. Do 8000 steps walking per day.

I am 58 and had hypertension and diabetes for last 12 years. After starting the supplements, both these are under control.

I hope to be free of Ami in next few months.

There were mild withdrawl effects during the tapering: cold, hyperthermia (without fever) upto 100.5 deg F, increased flatulence, non specific pain at different places etc on and off, upset stomach etc. But it was resolved in about a week. Sleep is also not that good, but manage minimum 6 hours average.

Intention of this post is to give hope as well as some help to other fellow sufferers about taking important steps to take control of our own health.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.