Taste loss ongoing terbinafine

Posted , 2 users are following.

i am currently going through the taste loss side effect from taking terbinafine . took meds for 6 weeks and going on week 2 of symptoms. quit meds as soon as i noticed symptoms. i have a constant salty/metallic taste in my mouth, but no taste when i eat (not even salty which i find ironic), been dealing with dry mouth and wierd sensations on my tongue, and post nasal drip (or a constant "slime" for lack of a better word down the back of my throat) . i have read other forums so i know this isnt as rare as they say, and most people get back to "normal" any where between 6-12 weeks, but not much was said about the dry mouth and constant feeling like i have post nasal drip at back of throat. anyone experience all of these symptoms? how long till it went away? please i need encouragement, this has been the most dreadful experience.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Edited

Christina, i'm in the same boat! Unfortunately it is new for me just this week. EVERYTHING tastes utterly disgusting - food and just plain water! I have no words of encouragement, but reading some of these other forums and posts, I'm going to try to be positive and hope I will have the same luck for those who regained their taste. I too have that "slime" you speak of. I wasn't sure if I had a nasal/sinus infection... pretty much what it feels like and tastes like. I would have rather lost my finger nails than this "disturbance" of taste (per the noted side effects). Since your post was 4 months ago, did the foul taste go away yet? Or the slime?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.