tattoo artist with carpal tunnel syndrome help!!!!!!

Posted , 4 users are following.

man,ive had it for 3 yrs now i finally got my first cortisone shot back in april this year it ws awesome but now its back but seems worse so i went to a different dr and got a second shot but this time it wqs a clear liquid  not white and it hurts stilll and the rason i switched dr's was because the first told me he only gives one shot then he does surgery and since im a tattooist and i support my family for the most part i cant afford a doctor screwing up the surgry im terrified to be honest to get surgery so is it safe to get another shot say from a different dr since i just had the cortisone  last week i cant sleep its numb fire felling in my hands and especillay my left god like my fingerss are being smashed i even switched to rotary tattoo machines which help alot someone please help me out here its 5:20 am  and this sucks ,pardon my mouth but dont know waht else to say i csnt take pain killers cause im a recovering opiate dependant i just really feel like im doomed its my life snd all i know and it makes me veryyyyy depressed honestly im scared i sit up  all night everynight everyone is asleep execpt me and my fire flaming numb hands  i just wanna sleep man then i am feelikng like sh*t all day drowsy and it sucks tattooing but i have too i have to work and its legit its alll i know so anyone out there who knows any ideas or doctors ect let me know thank you ,                      

Liam

Emis Moderator comment: I have edited this post due to the swearing. These are open forums so as per the T&Cs please do not use offensive language in posts otherwise they may be deleted.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Liam

get the op done. It is simple and the relief is instant and wonderful

good luck Elaine

• Posted

Liam,

I, too, suffered for the past 3 years+ and only recently received a diagnosis of carpal tunnel.  I am scheduled to have both hands operated on at the same time.  I am so ready to get my life back.  Through the years, my doctor has told me that I could try up to 3 cortisone shots in the same area to see if it helped heal it. The reason they limit the shots, is because too many injections in too short of a time span can cause permanent damage to cartilage.  My doctor said the best solution is to have the surgery.  The surgery is the most successful fix to the problem.  Of course, as with any surgery, there are certain risks involved.  But to me, the benefits outweigh the risks. I don't know where you live, but seek out an orthopedic surgeon who has a proven record of many successful carpal tunnel surgeries.  Start by searching for board certified orthopedic surgeons in your area.  I pray God helps you to find relief and make the right decision for you. Good luck!  

• Posted

Hi Liam

I am so sorry you are gaving such a hard and miserable time at the moment I understand how bad it can get and the burning then numb feeling, I had my dominant left hand done in December 2014 thinking it was the best thing to have done to help again sleep normal and not waking up thinking it was someone else's hand due to the numbness, I really want to give you positive advice but unfortunately my symptoms are worse now than they were before my operation, I have just had nerve conduction tests done again and I am due to go back to see my consultant who advised last time I may have to put up with it? I now also have tennis elbow in right arm this is really painful, I as you are at our wits end and just wnt to be normal x I do hope you get some good advice and hopefully for the sake if your job have amazing results if you go down the surgery route as many many people have great success, I had open carpal tunnel surgery. Keep in touch

Nicola

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.