Tea and panic attack

Posted , 6 users are following.

tea can trigger panic attack and anxiety?  Cuz last night after i drink milk tea.. I had a panic attack thats i feel im having a heart attack.. My heart beat beats sooo fast... That was scary... I thot im going to die..

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I cant drink tea. I have tried so many times. I use decaffienated first and formost but for some odd reason it has set off tinnitus. Yes tea can cause anxiety. First thing to try is decaffiented or herbal, add no artifical sweetners at all just hiney if you need it sweeter. Diary will kill the effects of it so thats pointless too. Some out milk in tea, i used to tastes good but the tea becomes useless in terms of medicinal that way. You can happily cut up some fresh ginger slices and a large hot cup of water for ginger tea, no tea in it but it called ginger tea, same with lemon or most herbs. Read the labels if you just want it in a package. It will wear off and feel better.
  • Posted

Probably caffeine not tea and it increased heart rate slightly which caused anxiety vicious circle
    • Posted

Try chamomile tea. It acts as sedative very calming cant cause anxiety
  • Posted

Yes camomile tea is very good I drink 4 cups a day and it helps me calm down and relax. You can still have odd cup of normal tea.

Anxiety is bad and the more you entertain the more it will get worse just face it and say in your mind you are not stronger then me I will beat you. Stay strong

• Posted

i am the same, caffine brings on anxiety if I drink too much of it
  • Posted

Yes I have realised that when I drink tea I'm more anxious and get a panic attack

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.