Teenager joint pain

Posted , 6 users are following.

At a loss really. My daughter is 18 and has suffered with pain in her ankles and wrists for a while. This has now spread and she has ankle, knee and hip pain as well as her wrists.

When she wakes she finds in hard to stand in the morning because of the pain. After a bit of time and movement it eases but is often back again in the morning. She has good days and bad days and describes the pain as a continuous dull ache.

She feels that heat on the area like a hot water bottle can help, but the only painkiller that seems to touch it is Tramadol.

She's been to the dr several times and been told, tendonitis, plantar fascitis , and last time was told to use a foot spa with eucalyptus oil.

If anyone e has any ideas or similar symptoms that I could take to the dr as a possibility I'd appreciate it.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I HAD A SIMILAR EXPERIENCE AND IT TURNED OUT TO BE AN ALLERGY. KEEP TRACK OF FOOD CONSUMPTION AND FLARE UPS, BEST OF LUCK?

• Posted

I'm a 55 yr old type 2 diabetic on metformin and simvastastin for 10 yrs. I saw my Gp 3 months ago about gradual, but increasing left knee pain when i wake in the morning . Pain occurs during night time and disappears as the day goes on. He prescribed Vit D and I'm seeing him this evening as it has made no difference.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.