Teeth whitening and oral lichen planus

Posted , 7 users are following.

My daughter had "Zoom Whitening" done to her teeth.  She said I might be able to get it, too, even with my oral lichen planus because they thoroughly project you gums.

My teeth are yellowing and I would like to have them a little lighter, but I am afraid that any teeth-whitening products would inflame my gums.

Has anyone had any luck with teeth-whitening products?

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

I meant PROTECT your gums.  I really don't want my gums projected.cheesygrin

• Posted

Hi 

Would your dentist be able to advise you on this, i have LP and am considering Botox but like you never sure what to do, it's so frustrating 

• Posted

Thanks for that mollyjr 

I was diagnosed with olp years ago around the same time I had treatment for abnormal cells after a smear test and had colposcopy, but didn't think anything of it then only the last few years I've know I have it because of the burning with spice and acid. So I connect the two together with hpv virus that causes the abnormal cells,  have you ever had any trouble moly with smear test. How old are you. 

• Posted

No probs with smear test yet. I’m 63. My OLP reacts to spicy and acidic foods. 
    • Posted

Molly what do you think of Botox, was you pleased with the results 
    • Posted

Yes. Been getting it for over 10 years now. Got rid if that one line on my forehead and I hardly ever get headaches. 
    • Posted

Thanks molly i want it for frown lines and my eyes to soften the lines, just to look a bit fresher really, I was just worried about the LP 
  • Posted

Hi,  I don't know the answer to this but could you let me know if you can and what effect it has if you do biggrin

Thanks, Anne.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.