Temperature reactive mastocytosis

Posted , 3 users are following.

Anyone have this and got any advice on controlling it. xx

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Princess,

My Dx is MCAD (probably MCAS or ISM) and I am always more reactive in cold weather. I've hated cold weather my entire life and will do anything to avoid it. I suspect it's because I've been reactive all along; my body was trying to tell me something. I get very red-faced and sometimes itch after a hot bath or shower /during exercise (histamine release), but I don't have any other type of more-severe reactions. Many, many others do however, and I read their accounts in various Facebook groups (great place for support and questions.)

Reactions are controlled with diet and lifestyle adjustments, plus medications that block the chemicals mast cells release (histamine blockers, mast cell stabilizers, leukotriene blockers).

• Posted

How do you get to facebook groups that would be encouraging 
    • Posted

Go to the Facebook website and sign up for a free account. Search in the address bar for the group or subject you want. Click the group and go to the page. There's a little "Join Group" button under the large photo at the top of the page. Click the button and join the group.

Some groups are closed (comments are private) so Admins approve all new members. This can take a few minutes or a few days, depending on how active the Admins are.

The Facebook groups have been very helpful to me and I hope they help you find more answers, too. Take care.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.