Tendon/Ligament injury, one after another with no end in sight :(

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi Folks,

I among others am in similar situation. I have a history of passionate weight lifting since 2005. About 6 years ago, started with a right shoulder injury. Initially i thought it was a one off injury and it would get better. Little did i know it was just a start. The right never healed and it moved to left shoulder and then over the course of years, started having Achille tendonitis, plantar fasciitis, knee pain, hip injury, pain on both side of forearms, middle forearm, upper/lower back pain, neck strain on both sides of neck. My problem got so worse that whatever i am dealing with, it didn't even spare my fingers in hands and toes. My history of being a passionate weight lifter where i was able to once squat 405 lbs., now even something as minor as bending finger in a weird way or washing my car wrong can sprain my finger. Whatever it is, it loves to go after tissue that's not been broken down yet.

I have stopped lifting weights several times thinking it is over but listening to several physiotherapist say how inactivity can be worse for tendons, i started doing some band and dumbbell workout at home during pandemic but the issue still persists, which is that I cant get out of a cycle of a new tissue/body area getting injured. It is so dreading, so overwhelming, sometimes i sit down and wonder where did it go so wrong. One thing is for sure is that even though i love to find answers, i am not depressed because I am a religious man and i think and remind myself of the blessings i have in life regardless of what i am dealing with but it does not prevent me from finding answers. With that said, i have summed up my issue in a few sentences.

1. If a new tendon/ligament gets injured it either never fully heals or
  2. It heals so slow only to get reinjured again and the cycle doesn't stop
  3. My list of tendon/ligament injuries keep on increasing, with no end in sight

I have tried many supplements with not much luck. Currently i am experimenting 3 g of vit c to see if it helps strengthen tendons/ligaments. With that said, i have been to doctors, rheumatologist and everything came back negative. Typical response of my primary doc is "Your young, you shouldn't be having all these issues"... Well tell me something new man!

The most frustrating part about whatever i am dealing with it is that sometimes there's no connection between injury and what caused it, for instance i am now typing with a new finger strain, well i have no clue how i sprained it. I am not giving up hope, I will fight till I cant move limb. I would like to know if any one of you made a breakthrough and found something that could be beneficial for some of us that are dealing with this.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.