Tension headache?

Posted , 5 users are following.

So today I've had a headache which is just a dull annoying ache. But also feel like it's making my face ache also, like my jaw and neck and cheeks a bit too. Anyone else get this?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Yes I get this all the time tension headaches and my neck and jaw ache is the main symptoms of anxiety for me.its very common don't worry about it is the tension gets worse
    • Posted

Thank you for your reply. It's horrible how it can make my whole face ache and especially the back of my head and Back of my neck. Paracetamol isn't doing anything for it either. Hopefully it will wear off soon.
    • Posted

I've tried all different pain relief tablets but nothing seems to work sad until the anxiety is over then the headache goes away.probaly not the safest thing but the only thing that eases it sometimes is a hot water bottle just behind the back of my head or neck
  • Posted

Hi Sarah, poor you! Yes this is classic anxiety headache! Put a few drops of lavender oil on your pillow! Also invest in a wheat pillow warm it in microwave and snuggle into bed,with painkillers! Listen to a relaxation CD! Regards Amanda
    • Posted

Thank you! I will definitely try that! It's seemed to ease a little now but always comes and goes.
  • Posted

good day Sarah, yes it is difficult to explain to others but reading your post i can relate - today is one of those bad days for me where my shoulders neck and jawbone feels all twisted up and the left side of my face feels tender and weirdcry

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.