Terrible vaginal burning. Uti recurring too help plsss

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am under antibiotics currently.. but can't sleep due to this burn.. anything I can do for relief?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

That happens to my wife with some antibiotics. She buys some over the counter stuff to help with that. It's on the shelf with UTI stuff in the drug store

• Posted

Reshmy, there's quite a few discussions on this same problem here so have you had a look at them and seen what advice they give? 

You don't say what antibiotics you're taking or what for - is it for the uti?  Did your doctor do a culture to make sure it's the correct antibiotic?  Have you considered going back to your doctor or a nurse to check what might be causing the burn? 

You could try soothing it with coconut oil or natural yoghurt as a temporary measure but if it's that bad you should really get it checked out.

• Posted

It sounds like you have thrush from the antibiotics. They kill all the good bacteria in your body as well as the bad. You can get something over the counter, the tablet always works for me. Next time you have to take an antibiotic take a probiotic too.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.