Terrified I have bone cancer

Posted , 2 users are following.

First off, I have pretty much constant upper back and shoulder/neck pain, which I did see a doctor about: they did an x-ray and told me I have mild left-leaning sculiosus, which the doctor said would be the cause of the pain.

My pain is still there, and right now one of my joints (right around the base of my neck) hurts to the touch and feels a bit swollen. I was at first terrified it might be because of a tumour, but have since been reassured that it might be because I put a lot of strain on my neck, and the pain has decreased a bit. I was also concerned about arthritis: which I might have, but I am 19, so I'm not sure if that's possible or not.

Anyways, what's really been worrying me the past few days is that my left calf, from about the knee to the ankle area, has started to hurt a lot. It's a pretty consistent pain, although its worse going up or down stairs, and sometimes makes me limp a bit when I walk. The last time I got pain like this, it was from hiking a really difficult trail: but I haven't done any really intense excercise (and tbh, not much exercise in general) lately. There's a bit of occasional pain in my hip too, and it sometimes "pops out", so to say.

I'm scared that the pain might be from bone cancer, because it's not going away like muscle pain usually should. And it's not really related to my back, so I doubt it would be blamed on the sculiosus (which I'm probably spelling wrong). I know I need to see a doctor about it, but right now nothing is helping my panic. I do have a history of being a big hypochrondriac, but still. This time, it really does feel like something is wrong. Has anyone had similar pain?? What did it turn out to be??

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.