testicle has tripled in size.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Ok here goes. I've been to the hospital near where I was working away from home to see a doctor about my testicle being bigger than the other. He told me he couldn't see anything out of sync and said its just the way I am. Trusting a professional I left it at that. Now this week I have noticed that it has got alot bigger again. I cant feel any lumps or anything its just bigger. I've only just started to get a dull ache since yesterday. Anyway I've been to another doctor today who took one look at it and said OMG that's not right. She had a quick touch of it and said I need to go to hospital for an ultrasound to be sure. She wouldn't tell me what her thoughts were and just sad I will rush the appointment through quicker as a priority. I am now scared to death. Does anyone know what it could be? Has anyone,else had this? I'm climbing the walls with worry.

Regards

Rich

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

She rushed it through to rule out testicular torsion... That's when the testicle twists causing the blood supply to deteriorate... I may be qrong but Id guess that would have the opposite effect... Torsion is an extreme pain, you'd be in agony if you had it and she wouldnt refer you to a urologist she would send you to A & E... That tends to be an automatic GP reaction if you have a problem they cant resolve... Safe than sorry.

Are you in pain?

The reaction of "that doesnt look right" isnt helpful at all from your GP... Try not to worry too much... If it was a major problem youd be sat in hospital right now.

• Posted

Sorry I've just re-read and realise you are in hospital... Try not to worry... Youd be in extreme pain if it was torsion... Probably an infection...
  • Posted

I'm not in hospital. I had to go to the hospital because i couldn't get home to go to my gp. That was last September. Since then it has got bigger. My actual testicle doesn't hurt at all. But above it is aching a little bit. My mate had cancer and he said the same thing happened to him, that's why I worrying
    • Posted

Do you have any lumps on the testicle? Dont get ahead of yourself with regard to cancer... It's a rare form of cancer and there are a miriad of things it could be, the vast majority of which are harmless...
    • Posted

No but there doesn't have to be a lump. It can get bigger instead.
  • Posted

I wasnt aware of that... I would stay off google, I know it's very difficult but nothing good comes of it (as demonstrated by me being less than helpful). I've learnt that the hard way.

It's good that you've gone to the docs, many men get embarrassed and ignore it... And that she's escalated it... let's hope it's an infection or something that pills can get rid of...

• Posted

It anoys me how long it takes to get sorted. I think you should be able to just go to the hospital straight away and they should just do everything there and then. All this waiting fir and ultrasound and then waiting for the results. I'll end up having a stroke by the time I find out what it is.
    • Posted

I agree... It should be instant... Time is a big thing with things like cancer so waiting weeks could be crucial... Are you British? If so you'll know exactly what it's like with our health service... It may be free but the saying goes, you get what you pay for.

My Dad had prostate cancer and ended up paying because the wait was so long.

• Posted

You'll know what I mean then... Hope it works out tho... And again, try stay off the web, it'll only make you worry more...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.