Thank you

Posted , 7 users are following.

This is a thankyou and goodbye.

I had a PE exactly a year ago whilst abroad.  The only explanation was long haul travel, nothing found anywhere except my lung! I spent a year full of anxiety, fear and self obsession  which is not me at all. I constantly thought I was going to die of a clot, heart attack or stroke

The blood thinner did make me feel dizzy, yes I did ache in my side on and off but it was my mental state that was worse.

My GP took months to refer me and only after my badgering and numerous "I have this symptom today" calls.

Insist on it, my consultant was fantastic, she gave me full info, I had more tests and I felt stronger to cope.

This forum was my link to real dialogue, so many had the same fears as me. So many of you had it harder than me and for my whining I could be ashamed but no it was my personal ordeal.

I have now had a full year since it happened.  I have flown short flights with no meds required, travelled long haul again and taken blood thinners for the flight, wore flight socks, had no alcohol and walked around  - and I am safe.  

I am now moving on but THANK YOU all for being there.

2 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lazeedaze

This is so uplifting and I am so very happy for you smile

Enjoy life and take care

Debby x

• Posted

It's so positive to hear of people getting back to full health or there or there abouts. Keeps us all positive about the outcome. I know there are people with far far more serious problems than DVT and PE's and that's not dismissing the seriousness of DVT and PE's but initially there seems very little clarity regards the illness but I've found so much more in just a few days of finding this site and all of you very helpful people with your personal experiences than I have within the medical care since I got caught up in it all. Many thanks Lazeedaze for your message regards me flying and I also wish you all the best in health and life.

• Posted

Nice one!

So glad you are back to normal, except perhaps the odd dose of thinners for a flight.  Just look on them like an umbrella carried just in case.

All the best

Peter

• Posted

Wow. Thanks for bothering to let us know that we will get better. So pleased you are able to fly again. Congratulations on your recovery. Enjoy. xx
  • Posted

Hi

I have just received the all clear from the hospital to come off the rivoroxoban biggrin got all my lung scans back and everything is ok with no scar damage from my massive PE in July 2016 , still suffering anxiety which I can't seem to shake but have decided to give hypnotherapy a go so will keep you posted on wether it's worth it or not !! Feeling pretty good in myself though and have been back in the gym and doing cardio regular so all positive , I think that anyone who has suffered with this condition will never forget it but we must come to terms with it (easier said than done , I know hence the hypnotherapy) let's face facts folks , if you are lucky enough to survive a PE then the rest is recovery , this site has been priceless for me personally as speaking with people who have experienced the same is the best advice there is , I wish anyone reading this a full recovery but remember it takes time .

All the best

Steve

• Posted

Thanks Steve. So good to hear another positive message.😍 As you say . We are so lucky to be survivors'. Good luck. x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.