The new PIP award review

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have just received the nee PIP renewal form and its different from the other forms i got in the past. This one seems to focus more on changes since the last assessment

How best do i tackle the form please. do i just address the things that have changed or do i fill it in as if it were a new claim.

Thanks guys

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi,

That form has been around for at least 4 years so it's not really new. Regardless of which for it is you need to treat this as a new claim, even if there's been no changes.

For each descriptor that applies to you, you need to give 2 real world incidents of what happened the last time you attempted that activity. Include information such as where you were, what exactly happened, did anyone see it and what the consequences were. You should aim for at least half an A4 page per descriptor.

You should expect another assessment because most people have them even for reviews. Backlogs are huge at the moment so you could be waiting at least several months for an assessment.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.