The pain is so intense

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi, I'm new to this forum and got diagnosed with trigemnal neuralgia in the later part of last year whilst in isolation with Covid. I have never experienced pain like it, after a few days i finally went into A&E and got diagnosed. Since then I have been in remission until this week. I have been on Tegratol everyday since , 1 a day as prescribed, but when it came back just last weekend I thought i had a toothache but then the headaches kicked in, then the constant stabbing pains in the side of the head, then ear and throat start to swell. So i uped my meds to 2 a day but no change. Took so many paracetamol which did nothing, after a few days i went to A&E again and after waiting for 5 hours i got seen but it seemed rushed. The difference this time my mouth and cheeks sweeled to the size of a tennis ball. Im on 4 lots of meds now and still struggling to eat.

Is this a common affect with our condition? Are there any better meds to prevent it or during the pains?

Thanks

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.