The pain never stops

Posted , 7 users are following.

every second of everyday. The pain in feet just won't stop. My brain only know one typic . It's pain! I have tried everything known to mankind and nothing works. Day after day, year after year,pain,pain,PAIN! Dr. Treat me like I'm making it up and I get no solution. Why won't it stop. I tried telling myself I just have to live with it..the only relief i get is short term and also just lessen it. But it comes back with a vengeance . Still hopeless to escape this war going on nside my body. Nobody I meet understand. They say they do. But they don't ,they couldn't  If you read my rant, thank you..I have no question cause there's no answer.

2 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hey Gary, so sorry to hear you are suffering so bad. I know how you feel, I'm with ya. I wish I could figure out the answer too. People just don't understand chronic pain unless you live with it. 24/7 - 365 chronic pain is not a life at all. This crack down that all the pain doctors are doing because of the "war on drugs" is doing nothing but making us suffer needlessly! I was cut down to half of my meds that I was taking for years when my doctor retired and had to find a new one. This took 7 months and going to 3 different pain doctors. It is a living hell. I have heard a lot of good things about marijuana and chronic pain. It is not legal here in my state. What about yours? I have tried just about every medication out there and opioids are the ones that help me function like a some what "normal" person. I actually felt like I could do some simple daily tasks when I was on my other medication regiment. But the FDA and government have stuck their hands in the middle of our medical needs. Totally absurd. I wish I could make your pain better. I try to distract myself, like I am doing now. I know its hard and believe me, I feel like I am at the end of my rope too. Hang in there. We need to make our voices heard! Write letters and petition for change...we have to come together. Do no harm! Take care of yourself, sending prayers and soft hugs your way. ((Hugs)) xx

• Posted

K, My clinic doctors have also been cutting my meds due to the new CDC federal and state DOPL guidelines. Pain clinic patients should NOT be targeted in Trump's war on opioids. We are the most scrutinized patients in the medical community, having to follow numerous rules like urine screens, pill counts, therapy, etc. I am very angry about the government and insurance companies playing doctor and deciding my treatment plan. I was on the same medication regimen with great success for 9 years and then 3 months ago the cuts began. Super harsh and it's been a stressful adjustment but I'm doing ok. Better than nothing for sure. I've contacted my Senator and Representative but seriously doubt it will help. Good answer and best wishes to you in our shared struggle with this awful disease.

• Posted

Gary, I know exactly what you mean because I'm in the same boat. If you can, get yourself to the best pain clinic in your area. I've had CRPS in my right leg for 9 years and my pain clinic doctors have helped me immensely. I am on a medication regimen (Gabapentin, some opiates and vitamins) and have had nerve blocks and other procedures. If it were not for these folks I wouldn't be able to get out of bed and function each day. While these things have helped I still have pain but it's tolerable. There are good days and bad ones. Please do a little research about pain clinics in your area and get yourself an appointment. Most will require a referral from your primary care physician. I also see a therapist who specializes in pain once a year or more as needed. I'll be rooting for you and hope you get to the right people. Best wishes.

• Posted

That might be the problem with your meds jill, I have to see my pain doc monthly and I have had no problems with the new pain med laws. In fact, they just upped my Butrans patch size. I think if you saw your doctor more frequently he would be able to prescribe you your same regimen instead of cutting you, the way the law is now written they have to monitor us every month if we are on any sizable quantity of opioids.  We also have to have the stupid random urines. Thank god my docs don't do the dumb pill count thing because I would never pass that one, LOL I often have a couple of bad days where I use too much and then at the end have to supplement with "K" and have none of my Norco for the last day or 2. Which is why I went ballistic when they tried to make "K" schedule 1 last year.  Thank goodness that never happened.

Anyway, I just happened to notice that in your post, and thought I would point out to you that maybe you could get your medications re-instated if you went back to monthly visits with your pain doc.

Lynn

• Posted

HI, how are things in Florida. When I wrote that I was out of K and Cbd oil. I just qualified for meducare.That two year waiting period was hell. When your severely disabled you shouldn't have too wait two years for help. No one would see me in my small town because they don't accept Medicaid . Any ways I got my K and martjane so my next step is to find a pain dr. That takes Medicare. Thanks Gary

• Posted

Anne, I do go monthly for medication re-fills. The issue is the cuts and they'll likely change me over to Butrans or similar. Everyone here is running scared and come to find out from my pain management therapist there was absolutely no reason for the cuts to my meds because I was we'll within prescribing limits. Unfortunately, it appears they were cutting everyone across the board without individual scrutiny. What a horrible mistake and for me with terrible consequences. I was on my medication regimen for about 9 years without any problems. New CDC recommendations are just that, recommendations NOT law. I'll try to make my case in a few weeks when I return. Who knows what will happen? All I know is that I'm seriously struggling and it doesn't need to be this way. Like I said, even the most respected pain clinicians are running scared and the feds targeting pain management patients is just plain wrong. Thanks for your input. I greatly appreciate it.

• Posted

Left foot and leg due to motorcycle wreck six years ago. Just got back from having xrays for ortho consult to have foot removed. I cant take it anymore and phantom pains would be welcome if thats all there is. Ive taken enough pain medication to kill myself a thousand times over, especially during those days I combined alcohol with it. That worked until three years ago. Marijuana saved my life since I was so depressed I wanted to die. A friend suggested weed and I'm grateful for that. Im trying Ketamine in September to see...but its all temporary, for me. Every waking minute is filled with searing pain. I lost my wife, kids, everything due to pain, and drinking.I became a liability. Im giving Gabapentin another try. Lyrica didnt work. Cymbalta, Baclofen, Flexeril, lots.My sponsor picks me up and we go bowling. He is my only ear. Nobody else gives a crap. I haven't reached out to my kids partly because I don't want them to see me down. But I love them so much. My ex wife thought I was faking and moved on with her new husband. I'm grateful they are safe and happy though. Pain wreaked havoc on my body. Diet, mobility, attitude, lack of sleep. I feel like a zombie in a shell most of the time with no end in sight. But I have to keep going to set an example for not only my kids but others who have our condition. Giving up is not an option at this time. Distraction helps more than anything. Keeping my mind on other things definitely helps but at the end of the day its just me. Those who have a support team are blessed for sure.

• Posted

was there an injury? have you gotten any imaging/tests done?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.