The worst pain nobody seems to talk about

Posted , 1 user is following.

i was diagnosed with a huge duodenal

ulcer from ibuprofen usage & H Plori. They also found there was damage to the wall of my small intestine from this ulcer. Before my diagnosis, the pain i felt was unlike anything I had ever felt before and I have birthed a child and also had mind blowingly painful toothaches. Whenever I see ulcers discussed I see people talk about a heartburn burning pain which I have experienced also but nobody talks about the 8-10/10 pain felt in the back and under the breastbone usually before vomiting blood. I was told the pain was from the damage to my small intestine wall. I could not stand up straight and would have to be on my hands and knees and rubbing my stomach and back violently for any type of relief. The pain was that bad i was almost sure it was a kidney failing or something. I know that not everybody has ulcers as bad as the one I have and I know most people seek medical help long before I did but can anyone relate to this pain? The only things that helped my pain before i was treated properly was ranitidine but they discontinued it now.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.