They tell me i am fine me but i won't stop passing out

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am 15 years old I started fainting about 2 years ago but it wasn't that often and only when I had to stand up or up for long periods of time or heated ect. From January this year things have been getting progressively worse and in about May I was fainting about 3 times a week. I went to the GP they told me to eat more and just passed it off as teenage fainting. It carried on getting worse untill i was fainting up to 3 times a day and when after I passed out on our concrete drive way and hit my head my mum took me to A&E. They sent me home saying everything was fine. We went to see a private doctor and during that appointment I collapsed twice, she said I needed to be hospitalised so I spent a night on the children's ward where I collapsed 3 more times then they sent me home and told me to eat more salt and drink more water. At this point I was only fainting due to change in position but my blood pressure didn't drop when I stood up. We went to see a doctor at the Brompton I have had several ECGs including a 72hour portable one but everything came back fine. He basically said I would grow out of it and that was that. My parents don't think there is anything wrong everyone at school thinks I am faking it but I know I honestly have no control over it I cannot sleep and constantly have brain fog. I have had to miss out on school trips and my independence has been taken away from me. It has been getting a little better back to 2 or 3 times a week which is good but I no longer faint due to changes in position I will be sitting in class and fly of my chair. I do not crumple to the floor if I am standing I will fall completely straight back or forwards and if I am walking my friends descirbe it as looking like I have had an electric shock, both my feet go off the ground and all my limps go outwards as I hit the floor so hard, it is so painful and has caused me to miss lessons . My mum said that I want to have a medical condition and there is nothing wrong, anyone can faint she tells me but I just want a diagnosis because how else can I get better. Of course i dont want to have anything wrong with me but I do I may be wrong but I dont think this is just hormones. I am petrified the other day I was walking down a long flight of stairs and passed out because my limps go so straight I went flying down the stairs until my friend caught me. I feel like I am going crazy maybe I am I know I could have it so much worse and I am grateful I just one someone to belive me and a doctor to help me. 

2 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

You're having so much trouble at such an early age. I have roughly 6 episodes a day  I have controlled my fainting  by wearing compression stockings, also by squatting down when I feel like I'm going to faint. Ask your doctor about these two things before you do  Them.  Also show them this chat forum so they understand you're not the only one that hathsymptoms. I've had radical neck surgery and radiation to my neck  and this is why I have the symptoms. Yes drinking a lot of water does help and carry some potato chips or salty items you. I am starting some new medications and if they help me  I will post them on this site you can have your doctor or mother contact us to go over these medications.  To see if they will help you. It's going to take a little while before I have any results with the new medication. My wife tells me to wrap myself in bubble wrap ha ha 

• Posted

I believe you , my 15 year old brother has exactly the same thing but nobody seems to be doing anything about it .He passes out a few times a day often hurting his face .
    • Posted

As I was talking to my primary doctor and my brother-in-law that is a heart surgeon he would suggest to go see a neurologist. Good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.