Things are getting worse

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hey everyone, I am a 16 year old girl and I suffer from really bad anxiety, stress, OCD and panic attacks which I know are all based around anxiety. I have been to the doctors once and they said that I might benefit from having counselling but I decided not to do it cuz I have my family behind me and before when I have been to counselling after a car accident I had it didn't help me so I didn't want to go and do it.

I have had anxiety for 3 or more years and it's only getting worse. I normally just keep it all to myself because I feel like I'm on my own and don't have anyone I can talk to.

However this changed the other week when I spoke to people at school about how I was feeling and what does through my head on a daily basis. After telling the school they didn't help anymore even though they said they would.

My friends don't really help because they just leave me out of things and single me out, one of my friends who is a boy he sometimes ignores me and won't talk to me. I was getting on very well with another boy and he stopped talking to me as well. I just feel like I'm along with no one to talk to.

Can anyone give me some advice on what I should do?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Since it appears you do not have anyone you can talk with about all this then a therpaist would be very useful. This isnt a car accident it is a poor coping mechanism and a lot of unmanaged anxiety. People who do not have it can not relate enough to even be of any help. You need to read and learn about all this. There are links in red right on this forum to guide you. Learning is helpful. Therapy is helpful. Dont rely on  people to come to your rescue it wont happen. You have to learn self calming skills and rescue yourself. 

The school might have contacted a parent. They cant really do very much this is beyond their scope of care. Therpay is your only real way to get help.  The therapist can assess you and discuss the plan of treatment with you, your parents and your gp. This is way too much to do by yourself. You are nitthe only one like this. Look around in school and count five people aside from yourself and one of them has an anxiety related disorder as well. Some hide it better then others. 

Sorry you feel left out its hard to tell if you are really being left out or you are distancing yourself.  You are at an age where kids are extremky self absorbed so dont worry too much about the social aspect right now. The less drama the better.

• Posted

Hi

Try taking up your doctors offer of some professional therapy. You never know it may be the right time and be beneficial for you.

I did CBT and the first session was rubbish i was a total mess. But they had seen and heard it all before and more.. And helped me through it .. I actually looked forward to the next session.

I had six in total and it made a big difference in the way i percieved my feelings and emotions.

If nothing else is helping you , give it  a whirl you have nothing to lose but a lot to gain if it works this time around xx

Good luck stay strong and be gentle with your self xx

• Posted

Hi Charlee,

I am sorry that you're having to deal with the effects of anxiety. I can completely relate to you. I know you said you have your family to help you and other people aren't much help at all.   Of course family is great and they want to help and they'll always be there for you.   My family was also very supportive however they didn't have the tools I needed to help me overcome or at least manage my anxiety. 

I know you said you tried counseling but it didn't help. I had to try a couple different counselors before I found the right one who I feel comfortable with and who really helped me a lot! I keep going even though I start feeling better.  

A good counselor would definitely be able to help you and it's such a relief to finally get some good help. They see this on a daily basis and have so many great ideas and resources to help you deal with this. They taught me how to change my thinking about things, help me reduce my negative thinking, taught me how to relax etc.

anxiety is very difficult to overcome on our own and it really helps to vent to a good professional. 

I hope you feel better soon! 

• Posted

Thank you very much, I will definitely have a think about some of the advice

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.