Think i might have iih but neuro isnt helping.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi about 3 months ago i started getting headaches out if nowhere that kept getting worse fast forward to the past month and a half they have been non stop everyday 24/7 migraines sometimes stabbing pains. I get ringing in my ears and dizzy spells along with farigue.i had an episode of what felt like someone hit my head so it landed me in the e.r they did a c.t which was clear but before that c.t i had i had an mri/mra a few weeks before that episode and it only showed empty sella and a pineal cyst anyways the e.r kept me for a few days had me on all different meds dhe infusion which didnt work and now got me on topamax which isnt working aswell. Before they discharged me they ended up doing a LP i asked about the results they said there was some blood but was normal cause prob was a traumatic tap and a tiny bit of protien. They also said my opening pressure was 23. Is that a high opening pressure ? Im wondering if i have iih ? I have empty sella on my mri and my headaches are just not stopping its driving me insane. I keep freaking out and thinking the worst that im having an aneursym or something but my scans are coming back clear. The neuro just keeps saying im suffering from migraines but i never even used to get a headache before all this started. Im also finding my headaches are changing they used to feel like intense pressure but now are feeling more sharp. The reason why my neuro says its not iih is because he believes my opening pressure is normal at 23 and because my eyes are normal aswell.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

A pressure of 23 is slightly elevated. Normal range of pressure is from 10-20. Topomax is a drug that’s is commonly used to treat IIH. have you had your optic nerve looked at by an optomologist? I find that is the best way to tell if your pressure is elevated. Also how long since having the lumbar puncture did the headaches start back up? 
  • Posted

Hi still you need to chase up that Dr these days u have to give them a mouth for them to understand what is going through

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.