Thinking about surgery... how did you feel after MVD surgery?

Posted , 3 users are following.

On pregabalin 215mg twice a day and feel awful. Been offered MVD surgery....just like some honest views from folk that have been through this.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Edited

I am scheduled to have MVD surgery in a week . Must say I am nervous but at this point I have no choice. I am not on any medications. Just can't handle the side effects. I will let you know my experience. I hope it really helps I know there is risks with any surgery my surgeon says I will wake up with a headache, jaw, and neck painful. I could have muffled hearing on the left side, but all should go away in about 2 weeks and should be controlled with pain medication. 1 t 2 day in hospital my surgery is like 5 hours away for me I will want to get home asap.

• Posted

Hi Alison

not sure if you're in UK or USA or elsewhere i had a very successful MVD in 2017 There's a good commentary about it in the UK TNA (TN Association) magazine and an extended version of my MVD journey has been on other sites. Basically, it's the best thing I did

Not sure how to link or attach a PDF to this messaging, but quite happy to do so if you are interested. Let me know and perhaps i can do that (or you might know how to do it)

Good Luck

Big D

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.