This bloody fear of vomiting

Posted , 4 users are following.

So I went shopping today and started feeling a little sick, which always happens if I spend longer than an hour out in public, idk why. But I had sudden urge for bowel movement but not so urgent that I needed to rush to a toilet, I also felt a tad funny like kinda weak, i ignored the urge to use the toilet and it went away, but I started getting a very vague head ache. I got home feeling real tired and rather cold, I laid in bed feeling chilly but eventually felt hot in the covers but I was too tired to get out of them.

I ended up falling asleep for an hour maybe? Which is weird because I generally can't sleep during the day (it was like around 4pm when I fell asleep) and I now have a proper headache, I feel hot and tired but I don't think I have a fever. I'm also getting gassy and have a vague feeling of Nausea. For a couple days I have had a sore throat that comes and goes and is usually there in the morning and then it goes, I have had a small headache on off also but nothing bad. Both my mum and dad have had the flu, my dad was home the last 2 days with a headache and I dunno what else.

I guess I'm concerned once again that I have something that will cause me to vomit. Which technically could be good because maybe I will get over my fear but the fear is so bad I feel like I would panic and then choke on my vomit. I think the nausea and gas and feeling of urgent bowel movement might be me getting anxious over the flu type symptoms of tiredness and feeling hot, or it could be from period as I am on my second day of period and I know my period can cause me to get a little diarrhea and nausea. But yeah now I'm scared to eat because I think I have gastroenteritis or something.

My fear of vomiting isn't like I fear losing control and dying or anything, I just have a fear of the actual feeling, I know it's unpleasant but I see it as soooo unpleasant that I'm terrified of feeling it. I also haven't vomited in 8 years so it's not something that happens often for me and I guess technically my thoughts on how it feels isn't up to date because it's been so long, maybe it really doesn't feel all that bad but I can't find any other things that feel worse than vomiting. So I'm going to continue fearing it I guess.

I hope I've just got the seasonal flu but I don't have runny nose or a cough, just tired, hot, chilly sometimes, sometimes sore throat for a few hours and headache. And nausea if it's not related to my period or anxiety. I really need to calm down over the whole vomiting thing, I actually feel like there's no point in life if we just get sick and vomit. It's a vicious cycle for me.

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Have you been checked out at the doctors?

Have you been diagnosed with OCD or anxiety?

• Posted

Do you take meds and have you considered therapy

Also have you been checked out to make sure all is ok eg bloods

• Posted

why does vomiting scare you so much?

do you have a therapist ot a counsellor or someone who is trained to help?

• Posted

I have no idea why it scares me so much, it just does.

I do have a counsellor who is trying to work with me for it but having one session every 2 weeks feels like too long a wait and I just want to get over it quickly

• Posted

Do you ever think that if you vomit again, you'll realize that it's not that bad?
    • Posted

Probably, I hope so. But I'm too scared to let that happen. It's very controlling
    • Posted

hm it's a very odd fear.

do you know what triggered it initially?

• Posted

Be ause it seems you have such a soecific phobia have you tried hyonotherapy?
  • Posted

It sounds awful, I hope it clears up and goes away for good, that would be a bonus eh.  As Lisa says counselling may cure but I think it is more than phatom thoughts.

I hope you recover soon as it is a bother to you alot.

Rich

• Posted

Hi Hun!

Honestly I'm in the same boat I have the worst fear of being sick ever and every time I get a cold or feel my stomach twinge I have a panick attack!

Have you been to the doctors? I find that speaking to someone about it will help get it off your chest?!

As for the gassy stomach that's the anxiety, ever time I panick I burp a lot and get a hell of a lot of gass in my stomach!

Hope you feel better knowing your not the only one! X

• Posted

I'm terrified of getting a stomach virus and my daughter bringing home germs from school. I hate to be nauseous and puke. I don't like to travel more than an hour and a half away from home and sometimes I can't stand that. I'm afraid I'll get sick while I'm gone. Don't even remember the last time I went on vacation.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.