This helped with my Bartholin Cyst

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hello! So I wanted to share this remedy that worked for me to control my Bartholin Cyst, because I know how horrible and painful it is and I wanted to help you all out!!

I got my first Bartholin Cyst about 2 years ago and it was super painful. At that time I tried a lot of things like sitz baths and other methods but it just kept getting bigger and eventually I went to the doctor and with antibiotics it ruptured. I still feel a little bump in that area and at times it would flare up a bit but It would calm down by itself and it wasn't that painful. Recently though it began hurting me and I could feel it getting bigger and I panicked because it reminded me of the first time and I was super scared. BUT I decided that I wasn't going to let this stupid annoying Cyst mess with me. Keep in mind that this method I used was when my cyst was about the size of a grape, it's super important to act fast and to not ignore it if you feel it coming up, as they can grow in size super fast. If the cyst is too infected or if this is not working, you should see a Doctor ASAP!! So here's what I did that worked for me:

When I went to see my doctor the first time this happend he told me to stop using soaps that leave your skin moisturized as they can create bacteria in your vagina from its moisture. So my remedy for this time basically consists of not letting the Bartholin Cyst get more infected by maintaining the area EXTRA clean and DRY. That way the cyst won't be able to keep becoming infected and it will rupture or dial down on its own. In my case it never ruptured it just went down little by little in about 4-5 days. Here's the step by step process of what I did daily.

1. In the morning I took a shower with the water warm NOT burning hot. I washed with the warm water the area of the cyst for a few minutes. (btw I raise my leg when doing all this process to really get around all the area) Then a put soap on the cyst area and I massaged it and lathered it up and used plenty of soap on it. The soap I use is the SafeGuard beige Bar soap and it's been perfect. I let the area with soap for a few minutes, it may sting quite a bit but for me that means it's working.

2. When I get out of the shower I towel dry everywhere except on my vagina/cyst area. I dry the vagina/cyst area with a fan. I let it air dry with the fan to make sure no moisture is left and that it's dry. It usually only takes about 5-6 minutes or when you feel it's right.

3. If you go out try to wear dresses or loose clothing, but preferably dresses because other clothes will trap moisture and we don't want that at the moment!

4. When I was in my house I would wear a dress or gown and no underwear. If you're in your house and you feel comfortable doing this I highly recommend this.

5. I work in an office so I have to be sitting down for long periods of time, this is the worse for Bartholin cyst as you're putting pressure on the cyst as well as trapping moisture. But it's okay because we will keep focusing in mantaining the area clean and dry through the work shift. So every time you go to the bathroom, you will wipe the area until it's dry. And then what I do is I take a bit of paper and use it as a fan to air dry the area for a bit of time. I did this every time I went to the bathroom. Also if you've been sitting down and you feel the area with moisture or if you've sweat you can go to the bathroom and dry the area a bit with some toilet paper.

6. When I arrive from work I immediatley go take a shower doing the same shower process as I mentioned in the first step.

7. When I'm at home I avoid sitting down straight, instead a lay down not putting pressure on the Bartholin cyst.

8. When I went to sleep (no underwear) I let the air conditioner dry the area while laying down with no cover for about a few minutes. And then went to sleep normally but always facing up and with the legs a bit spread (but that's just me)

9. When using the soap you'll start to feel it sting and it might hurt a little bit or become sensitive but to me that means it's working. Remember to leave the soap on the cyst area for a few minutes.

I did this for 4-5 days and it worked for me! The most important thing is to be consistent and to maintain the area clean and dry!! Let me know if you have any questions and I hope this is useful!!!!

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.