This journey is hard

Posted , 5 users are following.

morning all

iam new to the group and wanted to share my story.

i was put on citalopram again a week ago due to constant panic attacks day and night. i went to my GP twice, the hospital twice and an out of hours GP.

they said i have health anxiety as i constantly felt like something was wrong with me.

since being on it i have had cold sweats, nausea, diareaha and vomiting.

i have been prescribed diazepam, an antisickness med and propanolol, i only take the diazepam and propanolol when i feel i need it and to be honest have taken the edge off the morning anxiety with CBD oil.

when will i start to feel better? i have just gone back to work after 10 days off and it was a struggle.

sorry for the disjointed post but my head is everywhere

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Edited

im currently on 20mg cit for anxiety. ive just got to week 6 and the morning anxiety is still quite bad for me. i had a few side effects for a couple of weeks then i had a good week then i was back to side effects. evenings are the best time for me at the moment but a lot of people say it can take 8-12 weeks to start to see any decent improvement, some say longer but i think this varies from person to person. hope you have some relief soon x

• Posted

currently on week 6 as well on 20mg for anxiety. Still having troubles with my headache/light headed feelings. And also my hands and legs are really shaky. Didnt have any of these side effects in my first week when i was on 10mg. Tomorrow i have a new appointment with my GP. not sure if 20mg is right for me. Overall my hours of sleep and mornings improved after 3/4 weeks but the lightheaded feeling make me really insecure.

• Posted

my doc just keeps suggesting an increase but with the side effects im not really willing to do that unless absolutely necessary. i really dont think they have a clue about these meds tbh

• Edited

hi there

Look for Katecogs in Citalopram group, she is god send, she is very well informed and very helpful, she was my only hope when i was going through this. Read her posts, its so helpful and reassuring

• Posted

i have read a lot of katecogs posts on here, is she still active on this forum? x

• Posted

Hi Alex

yes this journey is not easy but it will get better and than it will get very good. It just takes time with all possible sideeffect along with it. I had very long road on Fluoxetine, ups and downs, waiting, increasing until finally meds have balanced.

Its hard way to recovery but it works, stay strong you are almost there

• Edited

Hi Alex,

My heart goes out to you. I know exactly what you're going through and how desperate it feels. Just know this will all pass. It's just a yucky time. I'm so glad the CBD oil works well in the morning!

The citalopram should ideally start to help within another week, slowly but surely. And if it's not working like it should, there's a med that will absolutely get you back to yourself. You will feel better soon. You've got this!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.