This might seem quite odd so bear with me.

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've been on Sertraline (50/100mg) for a bout 18 months. There is not doubt at all that it has helped me through a difficult time in my life and things are alot better now after some hard work with councellors and CBT.

However just recently I have found that sometimes I'm a bit out of character, I'm a bit over confident and careless and say things without thinking that sometimes are close to the mark. In my head they are funny but afterwards I have the realisation that they are just a bit odd.

Its a bit embaressing to talk about but I'm wondering if anyone else has had similar experiences and can help manage it. Maybe its as simple as lowering the dose?

Thanks for listening

Stonefish.

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

When u first started on these pills how did u feel as I feel like hell cant go out my door feel so uncomfortable
    • Posted

That doesn't sound good. sad Sorry to hear that. I was on Cipramil orignally but these work much better for me. I think that you know if they are for you or not in the first few weeks.

If they are not woring ffor you go back and try something different. In my experience it is different for everyone.

How long have you been on them?

I wish you all the best.

• Posted

Ive been on many other s tramazappine for past 2 years the year changed to these not been well not even got the will power to call the doctor as I can't go out the house to make my appointments so I'm sitting here suffering ran out off alcohol as I use that to.block pain out it's going to be a very long few days not sure if I can cope with it

• Posted

Hang on friend we are all suffering in one way or another, do not give it more room to expand, try and get out and do small things, I find it hard going to work everyday but i have no choice but to put on this persona that i am ok, dont give in
    • Posted

Thanks for jumping in Ranger. Good advice.

Hang on in there.. it ets beeter. I know sometimes it feel like it ever will.. but it does but you have to work at it!

Good luck

• Posted

I've also been on sertraline, same dose as you, for nearly a year now. It was fine to start with and once the dose was increased to 100 mg I felt much more settled: the insistent inner voice that kept saying "wish I was dead" all day faded. But now it's back with a vengeance and I've started seeing my counsellor again, who wonders if I should try increasing the dose further. And (to answer your question) recently I often find I am behaving uncharacteristically – laughing too loud and inappropriately – but I think it's the result of constantly having to hide my feelings and "act" happy, which is such a strain and sometimes comes out wrong. Does that make any sense?

• Posted

Hi Sue, sorry for the very slow reply. It makes sense for sure but for me it seems different like i'm just ... well uninhibited. Its awkward. I have no filter.

The thing is that I don;t want to lower teh dose as I also have low days.. i'm just trying to find a 'happy' medium.

They do say that actinbg happy can actually make you feel happier.

If only it was so simple eh !

Good luck to you

x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.