This pain is starting to get unbearable is it normal??

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, so i'm 17 years old girl and i have recently been to the doc's cause i thought i had a UTI (had it for around a week before going cause looked it up on internet) and so i got some antibiotics and, to my releif the urge to pee constantly has left and it doesn t hurt as much anymore. That's good and all just one little probleme....i still keep getting bloatted near the night probably from drinking too much water and i had a slight pain in ny back before the antibiotics but now....it's not juste a slight pain anymore it hurts so much i can t sleep at night and what s worse is that it feel s like it gets worse at night it s horrible it s been that bad thait s even managed to make me cry a few times cause i can t sleep and the pain is unbearable and no matter the antibiotics it dtill hasn t started going away yet what is this horrible pain ? Has anybody else had it and if so how do you calme it down or stop it? (I kinda need it to go before i start work back up in 4 days :'( and it consistes of a lot of lifting) it s my lower back and goes up half way my back won t crack or anything and no position calm s the pain down. Somebody please help me :'(

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kiya, pain like this is never ever normal, and should be checked by a doctor at your soonest chance.. This sounds like a kidney or bladder stone, or possibly a kidney infection. It is not common to go to the emergency room for treatment, as the pain is often unbearable and should be seen as soon as possible for pain and possible infection management.
  • Posted

Hi kiya,

This pain diesnt sound normal at all. This sounds possibly like a kidney stone or kidney infection. Please see a doctor as soon as possible even if it means going to an emergency room.

• Posted

Hi Kiya, pain like this is never ever normal, and should be checked by a doctor at your soonest chance. Did you have a test to see if it was a UTI? This sounds like a kidney infection or kudney stone, or it could be that if you for sure had a UTI, that the antibiotic is not working. Any sign if unbearable pain is a serious sign simething is wrong, and you should be seen by a doctor as soon as possible. Can you go to the emergency room?
    • Posted

Unfotunnatly i didn t have a test to see if it was actually a UTI the doc just prescribed me the antibiotics and like i said a lot of everything has cleared apart from the back pain that seems to have got worse, and due to circumstances i won t be able to see a doc again for a bit much less go to the emergency room rolleyes
    • Posted

If funds are not letting you go, can you set up a payment plan? Pain is nothing to mess around with, and is a serious indicator that this should never be put off. Pain can lead to something fatal. Systemic infection can take a life in 2 days.. If thats the problem. If this is a kidney infection, which is located in the lower back, this can be very serious. If it is a kidney stone, the stone could be way to large, and xrays and time, would be critical..your level of pain will tell you how serious this is. I hope u will find a way to get urgent medical care.
    • Posted

Hi, again thank you for your advice i would have never thought about reading into kidney stones and infections if you hadn t warned me. And about the ermergency room and stuff unfortunally that will still have to wait seeing as im still dependant on my parents, who are financialy unstable and i won t be getting paid till the beginning of august and also the fact of where i live it still isn t possible for the time being rolleyes but my parents say if the pain gets really too bad then they will take me to the hospital as a last ressort and keep telling me that the antibiotics will get rid of it sad -_-'
    • Posted

I'm not sure where you live, but in the states, we all have insurance, and in canada, i have been reading all have insurance at birth? Can you tell me what area you live? Yes, pain is a critical warning sign, and does not increase, or do nothing if being treated..antibiotics begin to clear pain within 24 hours if working correctly..Can you describe the pain as either sharp and dull or aching or other? Are you running a fever? A fever is a strong indicator as well if an infection. Is there warmth in thus area? Dies anything at all help it feel bettter? If not this is a very important indicator that you are in need of being taken care of promptly, professuinally, and medically.
    • Posted

I actually live in France ^^ so it s quit a bit different than America .So during the day the pain isn t that bad at all most of the time it s at night and in the morning that it is worse, at first it just felt like an aching pein that i though mt would go if i lied on my back but in fact it felt worse when it hurts less is when i walk around a bit -_-' towards the night and morning the pain is pretty sharp rolleyes and im always bloatted near the night and morning i don t feel dizzy or anything but i do get moments when ifeel really warm and my forhead sweats a lot and my back i don t know if tbat counts as a fever or not but nothing helps me feel better then avain like i said it s at it s worst at night so lately iv only been able to vet to sleep at around 4 in the morning and waking up at 8 am. It s not good seems as my work starts at 6am -_-' would u advise anything to soothe the pain just for the time being ? Until i can return tothe doc's smile please thanks again.
    • Posted

Hi, gosh, having this pain mostly at night and into the morning makes me think this might be something in digestion, or something you may be eating, that causes gas to build and spread into your back..I know how very painful that is! Do you eat or drink things likethat cause gas, such as milk or dairy, roughage (raw carrots, brocolli, etc or other veg and/or raw bananas or other fruits etc, bran or other high fiber things like legumes, grains, gluten, soy, caffeine, coffee, fruit or veg juices??) with stress..and is called gastritis. All of these foods can cause tremendous amts of stomach gas that can spread into your back as the day goes on and into the night. For some relief you can take over the counter gas relief medication or tablets such as gas-x or other types..you can avoid all gas forming foods and food sensitivities such as gluten and all dairy....no heavy lifting..and ice cold pack (can use ice in a bag wrapped in a thin towel or frozen peas or other from freezer) on your pain for 10 minutes at a time..then 10 minutes inbetween..these are things you could try? Sometimes an antibiotic can cause stomach gas distress too, and you could call the Dr who gave the antibiotic and ask if the antibiotic could be contributing? He could then tell you what over the counter medication to use for this condition. You can also call a pharmacist, who are super helpful..tell him/her you've gotten the terrible gas and back pain, mostly at night and morning, and started terrible suffering after starting your antibiotics..possibly there's a relationship between the two? Also for no cost, you could call the triage on call nurse to get help and answers.. The feverish sweating you are talking about could be from the extreme pain you are in, your bodies response, or inflammation or infection..gall stones or kidney stones not able to pass through which would be incredible pain and need surgery. Do you have any other symptoms at all with this?
    • Posted

Strong mint tea or chamomile tea may help with trapped gas also...and a warm water bottle or heating pad can also help with gas pain..the cold pad treatment may not help with gas type pain, and instead warmth may be preferred... A warm bath could also help relax you and help with gas..along with over the counter gas relieving medicine...all of these things together..
    • Posted

Ah thanks this helps a lot, i hope it is the antibiotics and not kidney stones cause that kinda scares me but then again im not sure cause the foods you have listed, well i haven t really had any seemms as though i haven t been eating a great deal lately i have only been eating one meal which is at tea time during the evening as for the symptoms none jumps to mind as of right now i don t but now that you mention it and i might of already said it but my back only did start hurting this much when my uti symtoms calmed down from the antibiotics which was pretty much straite away and straight afterwards i had this intensified back pain so maybe it is due to the medicin ? like you said (Quit ironic really when medicine is supposed to cure you or at the very least make you feel better) ....
    • Posted

No amt of pain like this is normal, and it very much appears that either the antibiotics given are not helping due to it being another condition other than a UTI, or due to this particular antibiotic not taking care of the problem? The treating doctor who issued the antibiotic should be notified immediately of the continued and accelerated pain. Strong Pain of any kind is always a sign that something is very wrong, that must be addressed to protect you from something that could need emergency treatment. Can you go to a a store right now to try the over the counter medication for relieving these excruciating gas symptoms?? The pharmacist will happily help you choose one, based on your symptoms, and if the problem is gastritis, you should feel relief very promptly. If not, this is further cause for serious concern. Please get help for your excruciating pain, with thoughts I have given, in addition to contacting the Dr who issued these antibiotics to you. They are definitely not correcting the problem, and your pain is a very serious symptom of something that needs to be known. Please advocate for yourself strongly, as you are so important, and need proper treatment now..right now to address and know what is happening to you!!!!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.