This sucks

Posted , 3 users are following.

Just got back from the Drs.I'm be treated for divaticulotis.Im starting 500 mil of augumentant 2×@ day for 14 days.My ct scan says severe case.12 inches of Sigmund involved. I guess you could say I'm lucky.Dr looked back on previous colonoscopies and I've had it at least 10 yrs.No previous issues other than what I thought was IBS.I'm a 65 yr old woman.3 weeks ago I had a very large kidney stone removed thru surgery in my back. I was in the hospital for 7 days.I've lost 36 lbs since August of this year.Good thing I was overweight.lol.On a liquid diet for 5 days at home. Going back on Monday to see how I feel.And going from there. Anyone have any suggestions for this first timer?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

hi Michelle, Sorry to hear you are going through Diverticulitis too. I've had it, also after being diagnosed with IBS, for around 35 years. the pain is usually very bad with cramps rooting me to the floor. i was hospitalised this June (iv anti biotics and a CT Scan=acute fivertivulitis)after 3 courses of Metro and Cipro failed to completely cure it, have since had a Colonoscopy in which my Sigmoid Colon was found to be married, twisted and rigid. so now I'm waiting to see the surgeon. and iced got ANOTHER attack now and on second 7 day course of drugs. i sympathise. there is no silver bullet. my best tips are to go onto liquids for a day or two to rest the bowel and reduce pain. then eat only low residue foods , geadually inyroducing foods with fibre as you feel your gut can cope. it's usually guards 2 steps and back one with me. i am heartily fed up with it. this is my 3rd bout in 12 months!nb this page jumps about so i cannot correct all the typos!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.