This worked for me after 1 year of trying alternative methods

Posted , 2 users are following.

I suffered from scabies for over a year breaking out with maddening burning and itching on my torso and legs. I tried permethrin, sulphur, and other ointments which all failed. I had an appointment with a dermatologist for an unrelated condition who prescribed Halobetasol Propionate cream 0.05% for my scabies condition. I mention it here because I have not seen it mentioned in other scabies forums.

I used 2 cups of salt in bath water as hot as I could tolerate for about 20 minutes being careful to completely rinse once out of the bath water. I repeated this a week later. It was at this time I got the Halobetasol which I applied twice a day for a couple weeks. The scabies cleared and never returned.

This worked for me after many desperate attempts at other solutions. I cannot guarantee this will work for others but this turned out to be a simple and effective solution that I would recommend to anyone suffering from this terrible parasite. Hope it works for you as well!

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Did you apply it to your whole body twice a day- or just to areas that itched? Are you still scabies free?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.