Thought I scratched myself when wipping but then had husband look and now I am scared!!i

Posted , 2 users are following.

I thought I had scratched myself while wipping because something felt a little itrrated Thursday.  I had my husband look yesterday and take a picture and now I am scared. He looked again today and said it just looked red.   My gyno is not open today and to make matters worse is I just started my period and don't really want to go in for an exam.  I feel absolutely sick to my stomach over this and can't stop crying. 

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Is there burning snd pain when peeing itching burning? Hurt to touch?
    • Posted

No itching or pain when touching it but does feel a little irrated after peeing. 
    • Posted

Could u have been exposed to herpes? I know first hand it can lay dormant in ur system for years as mine took 16 years to rear its ugly head
    • Posted

I have always gotten cold sores since I was a kid and still get them from time to time as an adult but not as often..  Sometimes it would be absolutely horrible and my lips would be covered.   I always tried to be so diligent about making sure I always washed my hands after putting medicines not or if I touched my face.  I have been with my hubby for 23 years and he has never even gotten a cold sore because I am worried about spreading it to him.  I know stress is a trigger for them and I have been very stressed ... Wondering if I somehow infected myself.   
    • Posted

Its a possibility but i wouldnt think so..really to me those spots dont look anything like what i had. Which started looking like what a canker sore looks like (but only on my vaginia) and then broke open into ulcers which was horrible excruciating pain. I could only pee if i ran wqter over the sore and had a hard time having a bowel movement and hurt like HELL to sit down and sleep
    • Posted

Ouch, you poor thing.    I tried calling gyno's office but they are  closed and then of course I just started my period, so I feel even more disgusting and am debating if I wait to go to the dr until my period is over. 

• Posted

Id say if the symptoms are bareable then u could possibly wait til your over ur period. But if it gets worse to wherr it hurt bad to pee ir sever itching or burning or sever pain or if they burst open id go see the dr that way they can swab it and give u a correct diagnosis.
    • Posted

Got an appointment today.. At first she had nothing and told me I couldn't be seen until next Wednesday , then I started crying(something I can't stop doing lately) and then she said she had a cancelation and could get me in at 3:00 today.   Still nervous but hubby is coming with me.   Still don't understand I have been with hubby faithfully to each other for 24 years and never had anything in that area and the same goes for him and  then out of the blue, bam!! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.