Thoughts on Gentamicin injection for Ménière's?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Could possibly have Ménière's disease in right ear.. I have been having constant headaches for last 7 months and will definitely look into vestibular migraine first.. My symptoms are chronic dizziness/lightheadeness, unbalanced, headaches. I took VEMP test where they mentioned possible Ménière's. Any advice??

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I would first question your diagnosis with menieres as constant/chronic dizziness should not be happening.

• Posted

I would be careful,on that.  I have read some blogs on people who had the G.injections and were really bad afterwards! there are sites for Meniere's disease and i suggest you look up,those first get some balanced views. 
  • Posted

Hi Edward,

Gentamicin is known to be one of the main causes of vestibularopathy - damage to the vestibular system. This was one of the questions my consultant asked me on diagnosis - Had I had Gentamicin?

Personally I would not risk it.

Jan.

• Posted

Thanks Jan,i knew i'd seen that somewhere.,it was very popular in the US at one time.
  • Posted

Do you drink a lot of diet sodas or take Synthetic sugar in your diet ?

If you do check out 'Aspartame poisoning'

My ex girlfriend has had 8 months of hell suffering with Labyrinthitis.

I would rather say something and be wrong than say nothing and be right

• Posted

Also,look,into TMJ.,i researched for someone else and there are a lot of connections  with that and our symptoms!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.