Threadworms help needed please

Posted , 2 users are following.

I am 15 years old. I live with my father and step-mother who I have just recently moved in with so we are not that close. I found out I have pinworms.Is there any way I could treat them without my parents noticing? If not could you tell me how exactly i could tell them, like what phrases to use and stuff, thank you

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

hi jenny, first of all don't be embarrassed they are very common and its very easy to get infected. treatment is quite simple and in most cases very affective. mebendanzol is what myself and family took followed by strict hygiene measures. we took a pill on first day of diagnosis and a follow up pill two weeks later which is intended to kill any worms that hatched after first dose as it only kills the worms and not eggs that have been ingested 😝 its important to tell your family as you should all take the medication regardless if they have symptoms or not as there is a possibility they may have been infected i believe it can take 3 to 6 weeks from being infected to having any symptoms and some people are asymptomatic so may not even realize they have it and so the cycle could go on with reinfection. myself and daughter had it but husband and son also took the treatment as it is strongly recommended. good luck and don't be embarrassed its just one of life's gross little things.

• Posted

just tell them how it is, you never know either of them may have already experienced it themselves as children. it is embarrassing and one of those things people don't admit to, but i wasn't really embarrassed and found when i spoke to others loads of my friends had had it either as children or as an adult. if they are alarmed by it or have no knowledge of threadworms / pinworms maybe find some information online you can let them read such as nhs website not chat rooms though.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.