Thrush

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi folks just found this forum.  I am 63,  female and single.  I have had thrush almost constantly for over 40 years.  I have had treatments from the doctor ie oral supposities,  a pill and various others.  It will clear it for maybe a week then it just returns.

I am not on long term ab's and only take them when I have a chest infections.   I have several questions please.

1.  Do I need to see a doctor?

2.  Can it go inside and cause other problems ie a bad back?  Can it cause intermitant diarrohoea?

3.  Is it possible it isn't thrush?  I get very itchy and sore quite a lot but there is no pain on urinating,  a fishy smell,  nor can it be related to sexual contact, 

Any advice please?  Thanks.  x

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I'm new to this forum too. I have struggled with yeast infections for years as well and nothing I've taken cures it it just keeps coming back monthly!!!! It's very frustrating for me!! So for what's it's worth you are not alone!!!!!

• Posted

Hello I suffer from yeast infections anytime I take AB. The last one was vicious and monistate and prescriptions were not helping. I decided to try a different angle and went looking for probiotics I came across a product called yeastgard I decided to give it a try and after just 3 daily doses my infection cleared up. You can take them to prevent yeast infections as well so I will continue to take them. Good luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.