TIA

Posted , 4 users are following.

Since my TIA's 7 months ago, I feel very tired and my memory does let me down. Simple day to day chores I forget. 

I wonder whether this happens to other TIA patients.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hello Marlyn

Yes..... I had a stroke 4 years ago, followed by several TIA's. I have had memory issues since the original stroke, but it's getting worse, not  better.

I forget simple things like how to turn the Microwave on, or the cooker. I often have to ask my husband to remind me and that is frustrating. 

Most  of all, I forget peoples names, even my children and grandchildrens, which is really embarassing. I start sentences which I forget mid stream, "what was I going to say?" constantly enters  my head. 

I was only talking about this, last night, to my husband. I thought it was just me! 

It's comforting to know there are others, but I would really like to improve this. I've tried various techniques for improving the memory but they don't seem to help. I would be interested to hear if you get any advice that may help. 

Best wishes 

Pauline

• Posted

I had an SAH and felt tired as on Keppra to stop seizures but I'd get up in the morning and fall asleep, so I am saying are you on any pills that make you tired and remember 7 months is a little time to get back to how you was before them.

Good luck Marlyn keep a smile near you it really helps xx

• Posted

Hi Marlyn

I had two TIA's and my memory and balance were/are awful so much so that my consultant decided to do an MRI scan which showed damage to my brain he said I must have been having numerous tiny strokes that have gone unnoticed. So the answer to your question is yes, I set an alarm on my phone to remind me of things I need to do/remember which does help and I also feel tired most of the time I think you just find ways to help you remember that works for you.

Good luck

• Posted

Hi Marlyn I was diagnosed with a TIA of left cerebellum 6 weeks ago. Like you I feel very tired and lethargic and hope that it will get better eventually, my GP assures me it will. Wondered if other people are experiencing the same. I too have memory problems but can't find any info on the internet that confirms that TIA cerebellum causes this, wondered what other people have experienced 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.