Tibolone side effects + adding supplements

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi

I am in surgical menopause and am almost 3 weeks into trying Tibolone.

Noticed greaser skin, small pimples, still getting joint pains, mood flattish but then have also had some work stress.

Would love to hear feedback from ladies who had a unsatisfactory start with this drug but it went on to settle and worked and how long it took.

Also, someone mentioned on here that they added phytoestrogens to Tibolone with good results...any others tried this? I have a sample of them sitting here but will give it a bit longer.

Thanks x

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I didn't start Tibolone immediately after my surgical menopause probably 8 months by then my body had recovered from the op etc. I took many unsatisfactory lower dose forms of hrt which didn't do alot for me personally until I was given Tibolone. It's all a bit of trial and error finding the correct hrt that can balance your body. I would give it at least 6 weeks before you change as this was how long I'd say it took for me to feel a change. I had greasy skin before and my skin is much dryer now near 2 years later , my moods are better than before the op plus I've managed to lose weight on it. I've personally not had any negative effects that age/natural menopause wouldn't of brought with it.

• Posted

Thanks for your feedback Tracy. You sound like you're doing really well, that's great.

I will try to persevere. I am almost 18 months post op. Tried hrt for about 18 months before that (not for menopause but to stop my cycle). Overall, gels, patches + oestrogen tablets didn't work + I have been on Premarin since Sept last year with some good days but then really bad days too so figured it was time to try something new. Main issues are joint pain, fatigue, low libido etc, hoping this will improve on Tibolone. Do you take the 2.5mg?

Thanks again.

• Posted

Hi, yes I am on the 2.5mg and I also took the Premarin but they were not strong enough for me. It didn't particular help with fatigue as I have bouts of low iron even though I no longer have a period I don't absorb it well. But I sleep better without constant hot flushes and feel more rested. It also brought my libido back not quite to preoperative level but its there. I don't suffer joint pain so I can't say if it improves that.

I also suffer from VA since the op so I need extra on top of that in the form of Ovestin cream. I still have days where my body seems to fluctuate in its levels where the VA side of things will flare.

I'd give it a good go providing there's no side effects that are to much to bear while it settles. I'm sure someone else will suggest an alternative if it doesn't.

Good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.