tick bite, oblong spot, denied help

Posted , 3 users are following.

Good morning,

I had a tick bite about 2 weeks ago, I am not sure how long it had been on the back of my knee. I thought it was a papilloma as it was very thin and long. I pulled it, removed it and saw it moving. I enclose a photo I took a couple of days ago. I contacted my GP, sent them the photos, a nurse only said it didn't look like a typical Lyme disease and suggested applying a steroid cream. I don't know whom else to ask, 111 wasn't helpful either. I feel absolutely helpless. I just need advice and I'm afraid I'm losing precious time. However, if it's just a coincidence that there is a weird spot that grew on the same site, I would not want to take antibiotics if it is not Lyme disease.

Best regards,

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Yulia, i had what may have been lymes causing tick bite 18 years ago. i say 'may have' because i have never tested positive for lymes but experience the symptoms. I wish i had went to my doctor and got antibiotics when i suspected the tick bite was infected.

Since you removed a tick and now having a rash taking antibiotics is a worth while gamble. I am not a doctor but as a patient i have been unsuccessfully battling to get a diagnosis for years. i finally found a doctor that attributed my symptoms to lymes based on patterns through the years and having that kind of medical support makes all the difference.

As with all medical conditions you have to be an advocate for your own health, listen to you body and follow your intuition when the approach you are being told to take doesn't feel right.

• Posted

Hello, Im in a very similar situation to yours and just wondering how things have progressed for you?

I had a bite on my side during summer last year and only noticed it because of the itchiness, I didn't think much of it at the time but a month or so later I noticed a mark similar to yours. I saw my doctor and was just given a steroid cream but it didn't do anything. My mark has since expanded and is a big oval shape now. Ive been back to see my doctor and have been prescribed another cream to use and have had pictures sent to a dermatologist.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.