Tickle in throat and then cannot breathe for 30 seconds to a minute (stridor).

Posted , 2 users are following.

This is so scary.. Does anyone else have this happen to them?  I am taking Lodrane D for sinus and Omeprazole 20mg for GERD.  I just started the Omeprzole about 2 weeks ago (Dr. seems to think it is stomach acid). But I don't feel any heartburn.   I have dripping in back of throat and take Lodrane D  (prescripton)... I found my attacks are not as often since I am taking the Omeprzole.  But I am still having them.  Just out of no where I feel a tickle in back of throat and try to cough and then it restricts and I cannot breathe in.  It takes a good 30 seconds to a minute and then I have the (stridor) noise and then I can breathe again.. (Feels like you are dying).. I am so scared!!!..  Any suggestions?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Me too. Maybe it's Laryngospasm. I seem to produce a lot of saliva that is also difficult to swallow and I sometimes choke. When the spasm happens I try to breathe slowly and gently to relax the muscles in the throat - it's very scary and leaves me shaken for days after.
    • Posted

Glad to know that I am not the only one that suffers  with this?  I did read about Laryngospasms (just wondering what is the cause).....
  • Posted

Dunno the cause but I suspect it's reflux related

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.