Tietze help please

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi, Iv been suffering with pain in my chest for around two years now and have jaunt been diagnosed with Tietze, it seems to be getting worse at the minute, Iv totally lost my appetite and every time I do eat the pain seems to get worse and a lot of the time it drives me to throw up. So really struggling to get anything down me, my weighs dropped a lot and the pain has caused me to now have to take some time off work. Can anyone give me tips advice info on how to learn to live with this? Please!!!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Leanne, the pain affects my appetite too, I find it easier to eat little and often but sometimes don't manage anything. Try asking your gp to refer you to a pain management clinic they have lots of different options to try.
    • Posted

Hi Gemma. Thanks for the advice. I'm going to ask to be referred. Hopefully it will help. Thank you again
  • Posted

Hello Leanne, I know what your going through I too have been seeking the magic potion to this issue. Any type of opioid med does not touch my pain and the side effects are bad, getting in to see pain clinics take a long time and have found the are of little help. Toward the end of it they suggested a intercostal nerve block as my pain is in my back but radiates around to my chest area.you have to be pro active try a natureapath doctor they shy away from western meds hope this helps good luck
  • Posted

Hi Leanne

Sorry to hear your in a lot of pain, no one understands how awful and debilitating this type of pain unless they have expereinced themselves hey? 

The management of Tietze is, as far as i am aware the same as costo. Have a look at my previous discussions on how i have tried to manage my pain over the years as it may help.  Also, are you on lots of pain relief medication and/or anti-inflammatories? if so, has you GP prescribed you something to line your stomach with as if you take this for a long time you may get other side effects such as acid reflux, indigestion and heartburn and this can itself make you physically nauseus and vomit.  This is what happened to me, I was being very sick and lost weight so quickly and then i realised the medicaiton was affecting my stomach. As soon as i started to take the medicaiton to line my stomach (can be omeprazole, ranitadine etc) the sickness stopped within a few days. However, if you have any bone problems then i recommend that you dont take omeprazole or if you do, then not long term as i believe this may thin your bones and evidently could lead to osteoporosis but best check with your GP. 

Best of luck

Kez 

• Posted

Hi yes I had my gall blade removed so years ago so I was already on stomach lining tablets. Doctor has now put me on painkillers and anti inflammatory tablets too. So hopefully this all helps. How often do you tend to flare up? I seem to be getting pain everyday at the moment. Hoping it will give me a break soon!

Leanne

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.