Tight knee

Posted , 5 users are following.

hi all,

now 10 weeks and my knee has gone tight not like the first weeks of a very all round tight belt - this is like its sticking on top as I walk, could it be tissue healing and tightening or my wound tightening and putting pressure on my knee cap.

i suppose I am wondering is this another part of the healing, one day a strong flexible knee and the next stiff and weak.

the weather is very hot at the moment could that be affecting my knee?

oh dear one step forward, we could all make a song out of that one !!

S x

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Oh I know it can be a real pain (sorry) but I know what you mean

I found today that I could lift my leg up without my knee scrunching up and then tonight it was as heavy as anything so back to massage and giving my knee a wriggle.

Have you tried that ? If not give it a go just a gentle wriggle it releases the scar tissue.

This warm weather although wonderful just makes everything slower

• Posted

hi

yes it really is swings and roundabouts!

i am a bit of a wimp about my knee cap, it is just starting to take on a different shape ( my knee) still some swelling, I don't like to fiddle as I massaged it once on the top and had such weird sensations and then it felt not painful but like I had caught something in the zip - well that's what my scar looks like, lol.  

Thanks for your reply

sue x 

• Posted

Especially if you are having a barometer change. I am in a rehab unit and we are under a tornado watch till midnight. At dinner everyone was complaining loudly about the aches and pains

Potential heavy dsuns won't help.

• Posted

Hi Ofg

dare I moan!!  Lol.

glad to hear you are in rehab, are you at the starting line again and should you expect to go through the process again as if you were just having a knee replacement.?

Wishing you a good recovery, and expect to hear your posts, as you are entitled to as many moans on here as you want - lol

Oh well back to my icing !

hopefully when the heat lowers I might be more comfortable!   

sue x 

• Posted

I think I prefer the dsuns to the rain and we had a record hottest july day  here yesterday 98 degrees at London heathrow airport,not going to be so hot today so perhaps I'll discard my mini skirt especially as I have been getting some strange looks , not sure whether it's because of my knee or the fact that I am a Bloke!!

Great OFG that you are progressing and I hope you don't get blown out of bed by any Tornado although what I know of you , you would just shrug it off and climb back in after checking everybody else is okbiggrin

• Posted

Good god! Tornado watch! Holy toledo!

Well down here in Victoria, Australia, its freezing cold and nothing I do can warm my aching knee ... haven't even got nice strong meds anymore sad Great that you're in rehab though OFG ... I wish I could go back there where I seemed to have a nice safe bubble where I could lose myself in between resting, physio and eating smile I had a ball in rehab and made some great friends!

Anyway, hope all is going well ... 

• Posted

I had exactly the same thing yesterday, which I eventually put down to the heat, but am glad to report that today it feels alot better. I'm 14 weeks post op and my knee has always felt tight around my knee cap. It is very disheartening for it to one day feel more like yours and the next day to feel just the opposite. I had new plastic knee cap and metal trochlea (the bit behind it) and was told it was a quicker recovery period than PKR or TKR. Well, somebody was telling lies lol!  It is also a struggle because my muscles are very weak and I'm working hard to build them up, but its a fine line between too much exercise, which sometimes sets me back a bit, or too little which means I stiffen up. Blimey, its such a journey that if we knew beforehand what was coming, I'm sure we'd all be thinking "hold on, can I do this?". Well, yes we can..........and after they've done the op we don't have much choice anyway! 

The one thing I've found with all this is that you just have to be patient......very patient! The whole process for some can be very trying, exhausting, frightening, disheartening, worrying and at times, for me, has provoked weepy and dark days where I've begun to wonder what I'll do if I dont recover and this is my life from now on. It's not a feeling I like and on occasions I have to give myself a good talking too or sit and cry my eyes out.......after which I usually feel a bit better. I now understand when people say "the balance of the mind is disturbed", because that is how I feel on occasions.  In my case this patient is not good at being patient! 

Sorry for rambling on! 

• Posted

Thank you all for your replies.

on a good note -- today I was feeling more positive - 3 am in the morning woken as usual uncomfortable but some swelling of my knee has gone down, yesterday I sat on my mower - desperate to catch up on my small holding - tried not to do too much but was a little worried about the vibration through the mower to my leg.

well - chicken leg is returning maybe in time it will match the other one, not a pretty sight but hopefully " a pair" again !!!! Lol 

so maybe vibration has done my knee good, bit of a free massage. lol !!!

sue x 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.