Tinnitus after Colonoscopy/endoscopy procedure?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I dont have any tinnitus earlier, i had a colonoscopy/endoscopy procedure around August,2017 with general anesthesia and then had colestipol to stop diarahea and around october mid i went for a movie which was very loud and also in october had lot of indigestion issues did ultrasound and it showed i have gallstones  and one or two days i can feel the roof spinning feeling,after that i had a shot for b12 . Around mid November, i started to noticing the ringing in both of my ears at night and when its very silent.I cannot relate at which instance it might have started, but these are the series events that occurred before the dizziness.I went to the oncologist, he say its not due to ear wax, i dont have any hearing loss. All he said is to do some excercise,avoid caffine and keep a fan near by while sleep so that sound masks it, but no real cure.I'm not getting enough sleep due to ringing in sound,also when i concentrate on it, the ringing gets louder.I do understand if you deviate in to some other action, it is less. But while sleeping its very tough.

If any one can help/share with their experience on when their tinnitus started and any medicine helped to stop it,appreciate your response?

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I don't know if the colonoscopy can cause Tinnitus, if had it for over a year now from a bad cold, Tinnitus talk is a great fourm to ask for help on sleep, but I know how you feel I struggled for months trying to sleep but eventually after months I just got used to my T and ignore it now, there is no cure yet for Tinnitus , I'm not sure which medications you could try but I know the people on Tinnitus talk fourm have loads more knowledge than me.

• Posted

Hi, events you've listed I'd say it's more likely the loud cinema movie caused tinnitus, I've had Tinnitus for 23 years now noise induced in both ears, but it's really in the head, a brain thing, phantom noise, I don't think there is any medication that would directly help or stop the ringing, some take medications like amitriptyline etc, white noise machine might help at night, another noise to concentrate on, it's all about mindset try not to hate it, it seems get worse when do, just ignore it, I know easier said than done.

• Posted

I second just ignore it and not hate it, that's what I did I just got to the point were I was fed up with it and I just didn't care about it anymore so just learnt to embrace my T.

• Edited

It may be the meds or something that you took that caused the T. I've had T for a number of years and certain drugs worsen my T. Recently I had to take a laxative and it spiked my T and it still hasn't gotten better.  

• Posted

I love how when you explain to drs about your symptoms and what is different in past that possibly led to your problem, they dismiss it! Also love the adage Drs have practices, and they keep practicing. one thing I've learned is never self diagnose Drs hate that, they know everything! I've had lesion in esophagus, dr said heart attack, got a stent.! got herpes in nose and told dr how I got it, he refused to see me. derm dr biopsy determined what I knew. I take lysine. Colonoscopy done now severe tinnitus. research I did said dehydration allows build up of uric acid which crystallizes and can give you kidney stones, gout, and tinnitus in ears. Checkmark on all 3 since colonoscopy 4 months ago. day after colonoscopy I peed alot for a couple days. hydration with alot of water is key after colonoscopy. but I didn't know that. p.s. I'm only 50 and now cant pass physical for work. idk what to do when that renewal comes due.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.