Tinnitus and Amitriptyline 10mg.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello. My Gp proscribed Amitriptyline 10mg. I took the first dose in the evening & the following day I woke up without tinnitus. However it gradually appeared during the day & it was even louder than before so I stopped the medication.

My question is for those who have tried low dose of Amitriptyline, is is normal to get worse before it gets better ? How long would I need to wait to notice the effect/improvement? Not sure if giving it another try.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi

I never been on Amitriptyline, but I had a very similar short term benefit on Diazepam, which was prescribed for a bad back, my T really diminished for about a week, but then returned, not sure if it was to do with quality of sleep.

I was on Pregabalin for about 6 months, I do think that it's that, which has now made my T worse. If you ever offered that, just refuse it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.