Tinnitus NEW experience

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello guys, I am new to this forum. I have tinnitus problem from last 2 years. I feel ring sound whole day but from the last month I am feeling dizziness first time. Now Whole day I feel dizziness.

I feel little sensation in my head like some cold thing(or spark) and Dizziness feeling all day is it tinnitus symptom or Its Anxiety ?

I was ok with ring sound because it didn't affect me much. I went to doctor and my MRI,brain mapping test,BP,thyroid,ECG are Normal. Anyone faced Dizziness whole day in tinnitus ?

No hear loss. Everything is fine just ring sound.

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi David ,just saw your post ,I also have tinnitus 11 yrs plus balance problem began 6 yrs ago . It's fairly common with tinnitus . MRI showed no tumor behind the ears ( can happen ) anxiety a lot of us get ( again fairly common ) join sites that go into both tinnitus and balance probs which there are many different balances that go hand in hand . 

To date no cure for tinnitus . 

Hard issues to cope with daily . Go join others with this David . 

• Posted

Agree there no cure for tinnitus but suddenly dizzniess started in my case.

I am dealing with tinnitus from last 2 year but never faced dizziness but this time it comes.

Did you face dizzinies on daily basis ? Like heavy head or spark in the head

• Posted

Hi again David ,I've had his balance issue Everyday for 6 yrs plus now ,I've got Mdds ( on a boat motion ) began one day and it's never left . I've got Sinisitis/ Rhinitis 11 yrs ,that will also do it David mucus draining down into ears . Hard going trying to find the answers ,heavy head can most likely be sinuses as I get ,no Spark though thank goodness . My head when bad feels like a heavy weight pressing down on top of head . Never a good day . 

• Posted

This may be the start of Meniere's disease.  You need to see ENT.

Eleftherios S. Papathanasiou, PhD, FEAN

Clinical Neurophysiologist

Fellow of the European Academy of Neurology

• Posted

Thanks but i have no loss of hearing which is a symptom of Meniere's disease. I never feel nausea, vomiting. Everything is fine just ring sound and Dizziness whole day.

"Meniere’s disease is a disorder that affects the inner ear. The inner ear is responsible for your balance, as well as hearing. This disorder causes vertigo (a sensation of spinning), hearing problems, and a ringing sound in the ear. Meniere’s disease usually affects only one ear."

1:- I have ring sound in both ears

2:- I don't hear loss at all

Do you know how to cure Meniere's disease ?

• Posted

Have you had an audiogram up to now?  I am not convinced yet that you indeed have Meniere's disease.

Eleftherios S. Papathanasiou, PhD, FEAN

Clinical Neurophysiologist

Fellow of the European Academy of Neurology

• Posted

Meant to have mentioned an Audiogram to David ,I had one ,hence it then followed on to the MRI ,looking for any tumor . All clear ,maybe another avenue David can look into . Gave me peace of mind MRI after Audio,and consultant had a chat about my condition at that time . Think my sinuses give me extra problems in regards to this balance ongoing . Winter doesent help . Tinnitus can play balance up to high or to low never good . David needs to have a good read up by others with this condition . Brain and Spine Foundation do a great 22 page booklet on all balance issues ,recommend David try and get a copy ,or anyone for that matter on these sites . Good read ,helped me a lot . 
    • Posted

Thanks I will try Audiogram. I am having Tinitus from last 2 year no Issue at all. Suddenly headache and Dizziness comes. I think my Tinnitus gives me Anxiety sad

• Posted

You can try epley manouver for dizziness. For tinnitus try to remember when it started and what you were doing at that time back one year from when tinnitus started.   Did you visit dentist during that time?  What are your teeth conditions?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.