Tiredness

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm on 5mg escitalopram, seeing doctor later to see if I can increase to 10mg but whilst I feel like the 5 isn't enough as I feel shaky, poor appetite and so so tired! Are these signs I need to up my dose?

Any help gratefully received!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

hello, you didnt mention how long you have been taking 5mg?

if you have only just started on this medication, these initial startup side effects are quite normal and will ease soon

• Posted

hello i noticed in another post on the forum you have been on 5mg for a month or more? you should increase the dose, because 5mg is not enough to be working properly for an adult (taking 5mg means you may just be in a constant state of withdrawal, becuase there is not enough of the drug in your system to be working effectively).  the morning anxiety will pass eventually (or ease down to the point of not being bothersome anymore);  the time it takes to pass varies from person to person.  try going up to 10mg for at least 2 weeks, and then proceed from there
    • Posted

Thankyou Sparrow, I'm on day 28 so nearly a month and yes I do feel like if you are withdrawing as I can't level out! I feel like I'm on a roller coaster, I'm hoping I won't get too bad side effects but I definitely feel like 5mg is not enough. Thankyou for replying

• Posted

I have been on 10mg for over a month.  Still very tired first thing in the mornng, nausea, and general agtated state continues...  In addition to Tinnitus.
    • Posted

Hi Doug, I've just got back from docs and she has upped me from 5 to 10mg escitalopram but has suggested trying 5 in morning and 5 at night to help with my morning anxiety so will try and hope it works! Could you try that?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.