Titanium plate removal after ZMC fracture repair.. what should I expect?

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi,

I had a fall which resulted in some facial fractures for which I had surgery for a couple of weeks later. I needed 2 titanium plates and 8 screws to secure my bones back into position. Unfortunately, the plate around my eye socket has become palpable, really uncomfortable and sensitive to cold weather etc, so I am soon to have this removed.

I am wondering if this is another major operation or pretty straight forward? I can't find much online about this kind of procedure. I had some severe swelling and bruising following my first surgery. It was a 2.5 hour operation and I got a lovely case of Shingles 5 days later around my eye and ear and all down one side of my face, so recovery was pretty tough.

Any information anyone can share regarding this type of surgery would be much appreciated.

Thank you

Vickie

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.