TKR and Baker's Cyst

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi, I had 1TKR a year ago and waiting for 2nd to be done.  I've still been in quite a bit of pain from first TKR so found new physiotherapist who has diagnosed a Baker's Cyst.  (fluid found behind the knee).  Has anyone had experience with TKR and Baker's cysts? I'd love to know if something will help.  I was diagnosed with Baker's cysts years ago so I had guessed that they were gone but disappointed to find that isn't the case.  Please let me know of any possible info that will help.  Has anyone gotten rid of Baker's cysts?  and how?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I had exactly the same thing, first tkr 14 mths ago and second 3 mths ago. The first one was and still can be painful because of bakers cyst but has much improved with time.I think they don't like to do anything with them incase of infection. My second tkr has been amazing, it felt like a totally different recovery,so much better and quicker. In fact I would say apart from some stiffness its probably better than the first one already.I think the first one is just going to take longer to recover because of the cydt

• Posted

There have been no fewer than a dozen folks on here over time that gave complained about this. Still haven't heard anyone give an explanation of why this happens.

• Posted

It's a symptom of something being wrong with the knee.  Obviously people who require a knee replacement do have something wrong with their knee. What I'm looking for is if someone found a way for them to go and what that was.

• Posted

There have been no fewer than a dozen folks on here over time that gave complained about this. Still haven't heard anyone give an explanation of why this happens.

• Posted

i  i had TKR 6 months ago. have pain Now for a week  behind  knee. not sure why. had thoughtit was cyst cuz i had one before and it went away.  no obvious swelling.,  called dr.  waiting for a call back.  cant straighten my leg  very painful, limping awful.  dont know why last week i was ok. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.