TKR recovery question.....

Posted , 1 user is following.

I had my TKR on September 27, 2022. I am 13 weeks out now. I was able to have PT until the end of December which has helped me tremendously. I probably walk 4-6000 steps a day, do my exercises at home now and by the late afternoon my leg is done and very sore. I ice before bed and during the night. I do wake at night and my leg is really sore and stiff proably from not moving much but I do sleep side to side and on my back. My ROM is about 115 (PT could push to 120), and my flexion is 0. It seems the last few weeks I feel like I have gone backwards. Legs cramping during the day, tight band feeling still but I can bend my leg ok. My knee hurts some as well. The more active I am the more I pay for it at night but I really hate not doing the things I need to do. Should I be doing something different? I do take 600 mg Gabapentin at bedtime and Tizanadine only as needed now. Can't take nsaids so Tylenol is it. When can I expect to not feel like I do? I'm ready to be done with this.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.