Tn and loss of taste

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have been diagnosed with TN and I have lost my taste and my sense of smell is distorted.  

I also have muscle jerks in left leg and right hand.

Does anyone have these symptoms?

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

My taste and smell are still intact.    When I was still on 800 mgs of Gabapentin, I had some involuntary movements in my hands.   I am now weaning off it and do not have them anymore.
    • Posted

Thanks for your reply.  I am off all medication now.  I have constant dull ache in mouth but can put up with that after suffering the electric shock pain which we can all relate to.

My face, nose,  teeth and mouth are numb.  My hands and lower part of my arms are numb which caused a serious burn on my arm cause I didn’t feel it burn until it was quite bad.

I had a stomach virus a few weeks ago and I got the electric shock pains from my buttocks to my upper back.

Is there anyone that has any of these symptoms?

I am seeing a new neurologist in a couple of weeks hopefully to get some answers.

• Posted

Hi Joanne,

I have lossed my taste buds also due to the medication am on its not very good, everything I used to love taste bland and fizzy juice taste horrible...... My heart goes out to you 😍

• Posted

I was prescribed Tergrotol sp? several weeks ago. I am experiencing break though flare ups. Which for the most part are bearable. My question is, I experience phantom smells and tastes. Most foods have lost their real taste and most beverages feel like they burn my tongue. Anyone else experiencing anything similar? Dr claims the meds work in the brain and this could be normal.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.